Tuesday, 18 September 2012


Just a quick blog on this.
Some benefits don't entitle you to prescriptions cost exemptions and travel reimbursements.
If financially these are causing difficult choices and financial hardship, you can apply for HC2 which lasts for a year.
You do this via an HC1 FORM.
It is usually available at your GP surgery if asked for.
Essentially a means test.
If awarded the HC2 it exempts you from prescription charges, partial dental costs, partial optician costs, and you can reclaim travel to hospital.
Not a lot I've spoken to know it exists. Hence this basic info blog.
Many Thanks

The full Hospital Costs Travel Scheme info can be found here, including info re the HC2

No comments:

Post a Comment