is a group set up for people who are unable to attend the march on 26th March, either because of
lack of funds,
event location being too far away,
or other reasons.
The group is to provide a way for people to show their support for the TUC march.
The group has been set up to demonstrate a virtual attendance, by making a pledge to bombard the media (TV/
newspapers) with letters/emails of support for the march and/or personal stories about how the cuts (all cuts) are
going to affect us and others around us.
If you think this is agood idea and would like to join in, you can either compose your own letters/emails or if you
prefer you can use a draft letter, which will be posted here before the 26th March, to edit and use for your own
We are in process of composing a list of email addresses to various people in the media, which will also be posted
We would like people, where possible, to send their emails while the march is taking place. If this isn’t possible,
just send when you can. The more emails, the bigger impact.
We do hope you will support this idea to give voice to our feelings about the cuts being imposed on us.
For people who do not use Facebook, we will blog with relevant updates here.
PLEASE HELP MAKE THIS A MASSIVE SUCCESS!
THE Media Contacts to email, and General Info
- Clegg http://www.dpm.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/content/contact-deputy-prime-ministerSubject select (Contact the Deputy Prime Minister's Office) then press go.
- Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/nickclegg (please join before the event as we will all comment and @ the end of the event we will all leave his page)
OR firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Cameron https://email.number10.gov.uk/ Subject select (Contact the Prime Minester's office) Then press go
- OR Camerond@parliament.uk
- Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/DavidCameron (please join before the event as we will all comment and @ the end of the event we will all leave his page)
TV & RADIO PROGRAMMES
- Newsnight firstname.lastname@example.org
- Channel 4 News email@example.com
- ITV Tonight mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- BBC email@example.com
- Politics Show firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Today Programme Radio 4 http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/contact_today/default.stm
Andrew Marr..copy and paste letter to the form on his web site:-http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/andrew_marr_show/8379560.stm
- Sky email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- Able Radio (Disability Radio) email@example.com
- Guardian - individual journalists - Firstname.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daily Mail - email@example.com
- Daily Mail Online - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Maguire at the Mirror no email but he's on Twitter
- Kevin Maguire @Kevin_Maguire
- The Telegraph – email@example.com
- The Sunday Telegraph - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel Knowles is an Assistant Comment Editor at Telegraph.co.uk.
- He writes about politics and economics and is @dlknowles on Twitter.
- Telegraph email@example.com
- The Independent - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com & Johann on Twitter johannhari101
- Independent Online - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daily Star (spit!!) email@example.com
- Daily Star Online - firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Sun - email@example.com
- The Scottish Sun (didn’t know there was one!) firstname.lastname@example.org